This page gathers information for people interested in helping with the development of ArcEm.
Aims and Future plans
Here are a few things we're looking to work on in the future, if you're interested in helping with any of these, drop us a line on the developer mailing list
- Easier to port to more platforms
- Easier for the end user to use
- Support more hardware
- IOEB emulation (1.6MB floppies, joysticks, more VIDC clock speeds, etc)
- Parallel & serial emulation
- Tidier, making the code easier to bug fix and maintain
- Additional features
- Ability to save & restore emulator state (perfect for those games that don't let you save)
The User Manual contains a section on how to compile each platforms version.
SourceForge Project Page
Developer Mailing list
Want to keep up to date with new features being added? Want to help out? Join the developer mailing list, arcem-devel, and speak directly to those involved. You can also read through the archive of messages.
CVS Mailing list
You can also join the CVS commits mailing list, arcem-cvs, to keep track of changes.
A collection of datasheets and technical information on the Archimedes and later hardware has been collected together. Please have a look at the wanted list and see if you can contribute.
This is a table of what features are supported on which platform based on the current state of the CVS HEAD.
|X Windows||MS Windows||Mac OS X||RISC OS||Amiga|
|Gfx > 800x600||Y||N||N||Y||Y|
|Sound Support||Y ||N||N||Y||Y |
 - Requires pthread library and OSS sound API.
 - Requires ahi-handler